Sunday, December 11, 2005

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas everyone. I am confident in my faith that if you wish me Happy Holidays, I will wish you a great day and a very Merry Christmas. I don't go to the local parade for my daily dose of religion or to feed my faith.

If you want to wish me a "Happy Holidays" and sell me a cheap blender, I will be there, you can have my money. This is not like some anti-Christmas statement, this is simply a "Happy Holidays."

Also the Holidays sort of implies, all of the seasonal holidays. If I meet you on November 2nd I am not going to say "Happy thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, oh and have a great New Year."

Now if your offended by my "Merry Christmas" then I don't know what to say other than to say go fly yourself a kite.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crissy said...

Love your post! I have always called this time of year the Holiday Season because I also celebrate Hannukah. (I have Jewish heritage) My beef is with the seeming censorship of the word Christmas. It drives me a bit nuts. Thanks for your comment on my post.

4:37 PM  
Blogger JJ Glendenning said...

Yes, our Founding Fathers wanted Freedom of Religion not freedom from religion. I am not saying you have to be religious but those of us who are shouldn't have to hide it and we won't.


JJ Glendenning

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home