Friday, December 09, 2005

Lottery Tree

There has been recent news about the lottery tree in Oklahoma. If you don't know what I am talking about do a search for it, it has been all over the news. I live in Oklahoma and I voted for the lottery. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. The lottery is legal and the Republicans in Oklahoma need to accept that. Also children should learn about the lottery, responsible gambling, where the money goes, and also creativity. I think children should learn that it is not wise to gamble beyond means. Also it would be a creative way to teach distributive economics.

As a side note gambling is not the problem excess is the problem. Drinking is only a problem if you drink in excess, the same with food. If you eat too much you will gain weight and potentially harm yourself, yet we don't limit your food. (as a note I eat too much.)

Gambling is not the root of all evil, it will not bankrupt this state. I spend about $4.00 a week on the lottery usually. This is money that if I didn't buy 2, $2.00 tickets I would have bought a soda.


JJ Glendenning any comments??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home