Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Jail time for Practicing Your RIGHTS!!!

Wow, a great unconstitutional act, jailing normal Americans for practicing their rights. Whether or not you agree with their demands is not an issue. How much it inconveniences you is not the issue, the issue is workers right. I would like to see this go to the Supreme Court, I would hope they would put this law in the history books. I hope the New York Transit Workers continue to fight to exercise their rights.


Any Comment??

JJ Glendenning

2 Comments:

Blogger R. Lynn Brown said...

If this gets to the U.S. Supreme Court, I think the workers are gonna be outta luck. There's no constitutional right to strike. I can understand your point of view but, by accepting employment with a municipal government in the state of New York, these folks agreed to not strike. I say this as both a union man and a municipal employee (in Oklahoma). How are you going to determine which jobs are and which jobs are not important to the public safety? I don't think that many people would say that police, fire and EMSA workers should be allowed to strike.

Papa Spot

6:03 PM  
Blogger JJ Glendenning said...

What I meant about public safety and the such is this; a one week shut down would not have been unreasonable. I do believe that the Constitution grants you rights to strike it is called a Democracy. I just think it is ridiculous to force someone to work.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home